Would you like to help kids with disabilities by supporting our amazing team’s climb up Mount Kilimanjaro? The trip is scheduled for December 26th, 2015 through January 10th, 2016.
I am so grateful to our fearless American team leader Julia Spruance for making this happen. In addition to organizing the team she is working with Tony Monaco and his group of experienced Tanzanian guides who are putting everything in place on the ground in Tanzania. Of course we couldn’t do this without Noah Shearer and Kyle Waring who created the “Kilimanjaro for the Children” website where you can meet and/or donate to any of our 9 American or three Kenya team members (youth with disabilities). A few more may be added soon. The team has been training and fundraising but needs your help.
You can help by joining our support crew, raise money yourself, donate to an individual team member, follow our blog, and/ or spread the word! Each member of the team is aiming to raise $10,000 USD (half for trip costs and the other half for Kupenda for the Children).
The mission of this trek is to change 3 perspectives:
- That of communities, families, government workers, and teachers to showcase the purpose, value, and strength these young individuals possess.
- To inspire the hearts of the young hikers (Kenyan youth with disabilities) joining us – to encourage them in their journey and help them achieve greatness through a community that loves them.
- To change YOUR mind – to remind you that heartbreaking human rights issues exist in East Africa, and you can help make a difference!
This is what you receive if you donate any of the following amounts:
- $55 Sticker – Receive a “Kilimanjaro with the Children” sticker to display proudly on your car, phone, desk, forehead, friend’s forehead, etc
- $75 Wristband– Receive a free “Kilimanjaro with the Children” wristband to wear prominently in support of the cause and a sticker!
- $100 Support Crew T-Shirt + All of the Above!
- $500 “An Unlikely Gift” – the first book ever written about Kupenda + All of the Above!
- $1000 Your name on our Summit Banner! + All of the Above – At the summit we’ll hold up a victorious banner and your name will be on it! (or a name of your choosing). You’ll also receive a Support Crew T-Shirt, wristband, and bumper sticker.
Both American and Kenyan team members are so excited about this trip! Thank you for your support as we prepare for this adventure!
With much love and gratitude,
Cynthia R Bauer
Kupenda for the Children
PO Box 473 Hampton NH 03843