Yesterday was Universal Children’s Day!
As you think of all the things you’re grateful for this Thanksgiving season, remember that almost 3 decades ago (On Nov 20 1989) the United Nation’s General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
This was the first international treaty to explicitly recognize the rights of children with disabilities!
At Kupenda, we’re working every day to help children access the rights that were set out for them in this Convention, including…
- The right to life
- The right to be healthy
- The right to education
- The right to be employed
- The right to vote like
- The right to be treated with dignity
- The right to be given appropriate medical treatment and care
- The right to have an active role in making decisions that concern them
- The right to live in a community that accepts them, and does not discriminate against
- The right to free legal services if any of these rights are violated
Today we are grateful to all of our supporters whose generosity has helped us to ensure that thousands of children with disabilities have access to these rights!!
We are thankful for you!!