We are seeking an energetic, results-driven, independent, self-starting, U.S.-based Program Assistant to support our work of improving the lives of children with disabilities in low-income countries.
The U.S.-based program assistant provides administrative and logistical support to the organization’s directors and other team members.
- Tracking, supporting and reviewing reporting both in the field and in the U.S. for Kupenda, Kuhenza and other partners implementing our programs
- Entering, updating and/or exporting reports from Kupenda’s Mobile app (CommCare), Salesforce, Quickbooks and child sponsorship databases
- Assisting with data quality control for the organization’s online project management database and systems including grants and strategic workplan tracking
- Developing, editing and publishing content for Kupenda’s website, annual and donor reports, social media sites, events, marketing materials, email newsletters, and other material
- Assisting with managing and updating the organizational budgets and financial projections
- Responding to general organizational emails and phone calls, passing information to appropriate team members as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and / or at least 1 year of experiencing working in a relevant field such as nonprofit management, business, marketing, management, administration, etc.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well with culturally and geographically diverse staff and partners
- Experienced, efficient and organized in online and remote work (position will be remote)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, and ability to learn new technologies and software quickly.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedication to promoting global grassroots work
- Mission-driven, team-oriented and with a can-do approach in supporting the growth of an innovative and growing non-profit organization in a variety of ways.
Desired experience and/or training in:
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Working with international project teams
- Using Google Drive and Google documents / sheets
MHealth mobile applications
- International development, disability justice, and/or public health
- Experience with website and social media updates
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate ‘Program Assistant’ in the subject line. No phone calls please.
ABOUT KUPENDA FOR THE CHILDREN
Kupenda works collaboratively with its Kenya partner, Kuhenza for the Children, to transform harmful beliefs surrounding disability to those that improve children’s lives. Many in low-income countries hold superstitious beliefs about the causes and interventions for children with disabilities leading to their abuse and murder. To change this situation, we collaborate with influential community leaders and families to reduce stigma associated with disability and ensure these children can access the education, medical intervention, and the inclusive love everyone deserves. Hence calling ourselves Kupenda, Swahili for love.
Although Kenya is our innovation and testing center, we also support disability programs in countries around the world, including Zambia, Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Haiti, Uganda, Malawi, and the United States. We are highly collaborative with partner organizations and strong advocates for open-source sharing. Over the past year, Kupenda’s programs have improved the quality of life of more than 70,000 people with disabilities in seven low- income African countries. At Kupenda, you will have the opportunity to grow your skillset as well as make a real impact across the world.
Those who work with us support that Kupenda was founded and continues to operate as a Christian organization which means we believe in and demonstrate the love, justice, and compassion displayed in the life and death of Jesus to people of all faiths or none at all. We follow the biblical guidance of loving all people as ourselves, especially families impacted by disabilities who are often the most vulnerable, marginalized, and abused.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kupenda for the Children celebrates diversity and inclusion and follows the spirit and intent of all federal, state and local employment laws regarding non-discrimination of applicants in support of the organization’s mission and values